Tips & News From Our Blog
Tips & News From Our Blog
5 Tips from Gaston Rentals to Hosting the Perfect Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a time when more family members gather together than any other time of the year. If you’re hosting Thanksgiving this year, you might not even know where to start! Do you have enough chairs for everyone? Is there enough space for the kids’ table? If you’re looking for last-minute solutions to putting together that perfect Thanksgiving, you’ve come to the right place.
1. Rent tables and chairs so that you’re sure you have enough. Does your kitchen table seat six while your extended family has more kids than that running around? Rented tables and chairs are the perfect solution. You can fill out your kitchen set, put extra tables in the living room or family room, and even set up the kids’ table outside, if weather permits. Count available seats ahead of time so that you’re sure you have all you need for your entire family.
2. Check out a holiday party supply store for additions like extra serving dishes, plates, and cups. Paper plates and cups and plastic silverware will make for easier cleanup, but if you opt for regular plates and cups, you’ll have plenty of people on hand to help with the dishes! Don’t forget to add in tablecloths, extra napkins, and any decorations that you think will make your event more festive!
3. Make sure to ask about any specific dietary restrictions, including food allergies. Does that aunt who’s gone gluten free actually have an allergy? You’ll either need to take special care preparing her dish or request that she bring her own meal to be safe. Has a young cousin decided to go vegetarian this year? Make sure you prepare enough non-meat dishes to keep her full. Touching base with all of your relatives before the big dinner will ensure that no one leaves angry–or hungry.
4. Double check the ingredients lists for all of your recipes. There’s nothing more embarrassing than realizing that you’re out of cornstarch when you’re halfway into Thanksgiving meal preparation–especially if your local grocery store closes for the big day. Print out or mark all your recipes and put them in a binder, then make sure that you have everything in your cabinets or your fridge before the big day. Double check that list before your final shopping trip for the best results. It can also help to have a relative on speed dial who can, for example, stop at the corner market for a can of whipped cream if your bowl just refuses to thaw.
5. You have your party supply rentals. You’ve checked out the decorations available at the holiday party supply store. Have you double checked to make sure that you have a large enough cooler to store drinks for everyone? What about serving utensils for all of the dishes? Go through the meal step by step in your mind to ensure that you have everything you need.
If you’re ready to pick up your party supply rentals, contact us today! We’ll help you put together a Thanksgiving celebration that the entire family will remember for years to come.